Monday, 15 August 2011

I heart Denver

This happened:



No, it was not on purpose, and yes it was pretty embarrassing at the airport when the strangers were laughing at us. But, we have finally just accepted that we have the same brain, and apparently the EXACT same taste in clothing.

Then we went to Keystone and drank some beers, listened to some tunes, and played some very competitive farkle. (not that competitive actually, I won by lots and lots of points. I wish I was that lucky in Vegas). It should that be noted that after playing for at least an hour, Marc never did learn how to score the game. It was impressive, actually.



And then Ben and Lisa slept on the deck. They are my only friends that can decide to sleep outdoors on a whim and have all the proper equipment in their car. I was super impressed.



I went to Oakesdale, (the most exciting town in Washington, for those of you who didn't know), for a few days to meet my new nephew, Sam. He is so cute and looks like just like a miniature old man. Here are some of my favorite Dingman family pics. I love all those kids A LOT! I really wish they lived down the street from me so I could see them every day!



Recap: Ellie the dog is W-E-I-R-D, Emily takes really funny pictures, the little boys have excellent fashion sense, Sam enjoys sleeping like a Buddha in my lap, Maddy is beautiful inside and out, and Tanner is a teenager who likes to disappear to places with cooler people, so I only have 1 picture of him from the whole trip.

Back in Denver I spent some quality time with my favorite babies in town! (including my furry one)



My last few days in Denver were hectic, but fun. It was only the second time in over a decade of friendship that I was in town for Melissa's birthday. So, we celebrated with some amazing Italian food at Carmines and a picnic in the park. There is not photographic proof, thank goodness, but we played picnic games, drank beer, and I went to the airport before dawn after going to bed only 2 hours earlier. Oops...

My plans for the flight home were this: SLEEP. However, since Jesus knew that I was hungover, looked and felt like holy hell, He wanted to play a joke on me. So, He sent a gorgeous, tall, super nice, muscular, rugby player to sit next to me on the plane. Well, obviously sleep was not an option. My new soul mate could not see me do the head bobbing-plane-sleep thing that I was planning on doing! So, I stayed awake and watched him talk. It was wonderful. Now, if there is a slightly younger version of him who is not happily married with kids, could he be sent my way please? Thanks.

Now that I am back in CT, I have to say I am happy to be here. It is still ridiculously humid, and I still have no AC, no cable, and no money, but it is my place for now. And I'm going to make it work, darn it! I missed my classmates after not seeing them for so long, and the crazy part of me even missed studying.

I am grateful for the trip home, it did amazing things for my heart and soul, and I am sure I will be needing another one soon! But, for now, I'm back where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment