Well, this has been a big week in Bridgeport, CT.
- There was some sort of earthquake in Virginia (?) that ROCKED the east coast! Except I didn't feel it, and no one I know felt it. But, I think that makes me an earthquake survivor.
- I finished my first semester of anesthesia school! And I officially got straight A's!!!
- There's going to be a hurricane here tonight and tomorrow. So, by Monday, I will be an earthquake survivor AND a hurricane survivor.
So, I took some before pictures of my neighborhood just in case. I guess Irene is supposed to be Category 1 when she gets here, so that means 75-95 MPH winds. I mean, that's hardcore winds! My neighborhood association thinks that the power will go out for sure, and I'm sure winds that strong will knock down a lot of the giant trees around. I haven't heard anything about evacuating, and I think I am far enough back from the coast line to not get the tidal swell. They are predicting 6-10 inches of rain though, so there may be some flooding. My building is built pretty well though in relation to floods. My windows are really high off the ground, and there are no apartments in the basement. I'm going to stick it out in my apartment unless it gets really bad.
Here are my pictures:
My landlord recently cut down some trees and hasn't been able to remove the giant stumps yet. It will be interesting to see if the power of mother nature will move them around during the storm.
This is a picture of the street and all the trees. Also a picture of the side of my building where my apartment is. I'm hoping none of the trees land in my windows!

This is my entertainment and food stash for 3 days, per my instructions from the hurricane reports. The instructions specifically said 3 bottles of wine and 3 bags of cookies. It's true.

So, I'll keep you posted and take some after pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment