Thursday, 28 July 2011

My fight with running continues

Of all 5 of you that read this, I know you may not care about my running habits, but it's my blog and I can write what I want.

I don't like running in the morning, and here is why:

1. I am not a morning person, so the already grumpy me gets even worse when I'm running 3 miles.

2. The damn sun tries to cook me.

3. If Lacey is not there to entertain me with stories, it is no fun.

4. If it's not a race, it's not fun either.

So, at least for the summer I have made an agreement to myself to be a nighttime runner.

And, just so you know, when I say "running", it's a jog for most people, but it's a run for me.

Also, I found out something yesterday when I watched this video:


I am never meant to do any races longer than a half marathon. My reaction when I watched this video was awful. I got nauseous, I got the cold sweats, and I really almost threw up at my desk. It was horrifying. I am usually pretty tough, but something inside me when I saw this video really freaked out. Maybe I was imagining how absolutely damaged these poor women's bodies were and how sick they must have felt for weeks after this. I don't know. What I do know is that I actually had to change shirts before class because I sweated so much. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment