One test was in physics and one test was in pharmacology. Not so easy. I did surprisingly well on physics, considering the fact that I kind of thought I failed when I walked out of the room. It was a hard, hard test and everyone in the class looked traumatized afterwards. One girl even cried. Real tears. But I passed, and I plan on never thinking about that test day again. Pharmacology went well, I think. The tests are hard enough that you never know how you actually did until you get the grades. It kind of makes for a stressful wait to get your grade back. Every time they are walking around handing back tests a wave of silence and nausea washes over the room. And then it gets really loud because we all immediately start talking about the questions we missed all at once. It's probably actually really comical for the instructors!
The worst part about test day is not the actual test itself, it's the 2 hours after the test. Here's why: the test is only 1-1.5 hours, but class time is three hours. So, after you've used what feels like all of your brain cells to take your physics exam, then you come back inside the room and get two hours of lecture! This week, the Head of Anesthesiology at Bridgeport Hospital came and spoke Greek to us about the physics of pulse oximetry and monitoring. Then, Thursdays are even worse. We're burnt out from studying all week for the exams. We go through the pharmacology test and the ensuing torture lecture (this week it was in Chinese and it was about Inhaled Anesthetics for 2 hours), THEN we have to go to 2.5 hours of health care policy lecture! Can you imagine talking for 2.5 HOURS about health care policy? At the end of exam week?
It's rough. I feel bad for that instructor because we are usually drunk for that class.
No comments:
Post a Comment