Monday, 23 May 2011

The Place



My new apartment is actually pretty awesome.

Square footage-wise, I believe it is larger than my upstairs at my house in Denver. That makes getting my crap in here even easier than I had planned, and I will have room for a treadmill!

Funny side note on the treadmill: My dad did NOT want to move the treadmill so badly that rather than move it up the stairs he agreed to buy me a new one. I mean, he REALLY REALLY did not want to move that thing. So, new treadmill will be ordered shortly. Awesome, and hilarious.

The difference in lay-out is larger living room and bedroom, and smaller kitchen. And by smaller, I mean the kitchen here is the size of the granite slab counter in my Denver Kitchen. No joke. It's really, really small. So small, that when I accidentally spilled a large can of tomato puree when I was making BBQ Pork yesterday, it covered all four walls, and my entire self. It was F-U-N-N-Y.

It was pretty much the filthiest place I have ever moved into, smoke and grease stained walls and all. But, I think I have conquered the filth and now, it's really cute!

The neighborhood is also really cute. It is pretty similar to the Wash Park area in Denver, except add a body of water in there. I can walk to the beautiful beaches of the Long Island Sound (I know, I know, but beggars cannot be choosers). I can also walk to a menagerie, if you will, of bars, restaurants and coffee shops. It should be fun! I plan on planting myself at said beaches and coffee shops for study time in hopes of meeting nice strangers and making friends in the new and foreign land.

I do not have cable, yet. I'm going to try and avoid it, but if you know me, you know about my affection for trashy reality TV and the cooking channel. We'll see how long this no TV thing lasts.

I also have a neighbor that is so crazy she actually introduced herself to me as "the Lunatic". No joke. I have since found out her name is Patty, and she will be moving out at the end of the month. Thank you, Baby Jesus.

The grocery store is named Stop & Shop. I enjoy a place that is direct and to the point, so I think we will get along nicely in there.

Here are some pics of the new place, I'll take some of the neighborhood soon so you can see how beautiful the neighborhood I live in is!







No comments:

Post a Comment