Tuesday, 31 May 2011

My New Favorite Thing...

So, here's the best thing about living here.

New York.

Granted, now that I have officially looked at my student loan budget, my trips there will be fewer and far-er in between, but that's ok. It's still my favorite thing about moving here. It's a $10, hour long train ride away, and I love it.

Last weekend, I went and played with my friend Becky, who lives in an amazing apartment on the upper east side, and who has now officially made the blog! I'm sure it will not be the last time she makes the blog, as she is my funnest friend this side of the Mississippi. And, yes, I am sure I know more than just one person on this side of the Mississippi! Here's the view from Becky's building. If you have to move to NYC, this is the way to do it!


It was a sunny day, and we were super-nerdy tourists and went to the top of the Empire State Building. Before that, we proved that NYC is great and wandered around until we found a sushi place on a random street. It was ok food, and cheap in price, so it was great! At the Empire State Building, the lines were long, so we decided to walk up the last 6 flights of steps to the 86th floor, which we both thought we'd be fine with, and then we both almost passed out. Aside from that, we made it and it was great!

!

I had a lapse in judgement and posed as the Statue of Liberty, you can view that photo on my Facebook profile.

Then we touristed our way through Time's Square, Rockafellar Center, and a great farmer's market that took about 20 blocks of Lexington Ave. I guess the market is on a different day and different street each week; lots of great food and cheap stuff. :) And we made friends with a life-sized bowling pin.



So, then my friend Becky and her hubby Eric took me to an excellent BYOB Thai food place that had cheap food that tasted great, and then they took me out on the town in NYU territory. We were either the oldest or youngest in the place, depending on the bar we went to, but we still had a great time. We showed those youngsters how to par-tay! It was also "fleet week" in NYC, so there were sailors as far as the eye could see! Talk about eye candy! Here's a picture that explains the wicked hangover I had the next day:


Next NYC trip: Central Park and the Statue of Liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment