Monday, 5 September 2011

Post Irene

Well, the hurricane was not as big of a deal as I thought it was going to be. There was definitely a lot of wind and rain, but the worst thing that happened was my power was out for 2 days. That really sucked, actually. Some people's power was out over a week though, so I shouldn't complain too much about 2 days. I took some pics of the aftermath in the neighborhood. There were a lot of trees down, and ocean water flooded about 2 blocks into the neighborhood, but I was very safe. The whole thing did make me rethink my desires on own a home directly on the water. I think the risk of floods and hurricane damage outweighs the perks of ocean living.

Many trees were pulled up, roots included.


This looked like a lightening strike on the street to me. The pavement was melted and looked like lava. It was pretty crazy!



My attempts to create light and entertain myself during the power outage:



No comments:

Post a Comment